Gift Idea for Your Boyfriend – Survival Kit
There are few days/weeks left until his birthday and you are thinking about what to buy for him … A new watch? No, he has already five watches. Maybe his favourite game? No, it is already preordered. I don’t know what about you, but for me, it is difficult to find a good present for a guy. I don’t really know how I got to this idea, but here it is – The Survival Kit Box.
Level of Difficulty: moderate
You will need:
- Wooden box (I got a wine box from Amazon)
- Thin and thick brushes
- Wood glazing paint for untreated wood (Ikea)
- White, brown and dark brown acrylic paint
- Craft knife
- Cardboard or thick paper
- Tape and old newspaper
1. Prepare your workplace. I found this wine wood box on Amazon. If you want the same box, I can send you a link to it. I liked especially the black material and the handholds.
2. Wrap the handholds with tape, so they will stay clean when you paint the box with colour.
3. Now it’s time to get your hands dirty!
4. After you painted the box for the first time, let it dry for 4-6 hours. Then repaint it a second time, maybe a third time. Afterwards, allow the paint to dry overnight.
5. Take two small bristle brushes, each for one colour. Don’t use water! Dab the brown paint first on paper then…
6. …then on every edge and every corner. This will create a smudge effect.
7. Now do the same with a darker colour (and a smaller brush).
8. Prepare your text, print it out and cut it out.
9. Use your template to paint your text.
10. Finally, let the writing dry and remove the tape.
It’s finished! Now you can fill the box with cool stuff like favourite movies or animes, sweets, steam gift card or riot points, t-shirt with a print and whatever you want. I hope this was an interesting idea for you!